Brief description of fishery:
The Furnace Pond, Slaugham was created in 1574 to support a local ironstone foundry and ceased working in 1653.
The pond has held fish since its inception but has been drained down a few times to remove silt and other debrie.
Slaughan Angling Club was formed in 1957 and formalised the fishing rights for the pond. It has been under the clubs stewardship ever since.
The 7 acre lake is maintained as a mixed fishery and caters for all members needs.
The water is well stocked with a good population of carp, tench, bream, silverfish and pike.
Furnace Pond. The junction of Coos Lane and Hampshire Hill. Slaugham. West Sussex
Access & Parking
There are 2 parking areas at The Furnace Pond, Slaugham. One at the juction of Coos Lane and Hampshire Hill and the other 200 meters away on Hampshire Hill. Both roads are accessed from the B2110 Handcross to Horsham Rd
- Common Carp
- Mirror Carp